How do I change my password?
From the Options page, click the "Change Password" link. Then:
- Enter your current password.
- Enter the new password you wish to use.
- Re-enter the new password you wish to use.
- If you would like to specify a password hint to help you remember your password in case you forget it, enter the hint. (Note that this hint is different from the secret question.)
- Click the "Save Password" button.
If you are a free trial user, for confirmation and security your new password will be emailed to your active forwarding address.
How do I change how I receive my email?
There are three ways you can receive email through Mailshell: using the website, at a forwarding address, or using a desktop client like Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, and Netscape Messenger. (Using a desktop client is available only with the Premium Service.)
If you are not currently using the website but would like to, all you need to do is change your delivery settings to save in folders. You can just save everything in your Inbox, or, if you like, create folders to organize your email.
If you are not currently forwarding messages but would like to, here's what to do:
If you are not currently using a desktop client but would like to, here's what to do:
- First, decide whether you want to use POP or IMAP.
- Next, configure your client: Mailshell provides step-by-step instructions for common clients using both POP and IMAP.
- Finally, change your delivery settings to save in folders. If you are using POP, you will need to save everything in your Inbox because POP will only download messages from that folder. If you are using IMAP, you can choose to save in as many different folders as you like.
How do I subscribe to newsletters, services, and other offers using Mailshell's directory?
There are two ways to subscribe to offers using Mailshell's Special Offers Directory:
- From a page listing offers, check the boxes next to the names of the items you wish to subscribe to and click the "subscribe selected" button.
- When viewing more information about a particular offer, click the "subscribe" link in the upper right corner of the page.
You will then see a listing of the offers you have requested and a brief status message indicating whether the request has been submitted or if additional information is required. If additional information is required, you will need to fill out the forms below to complete those subscriptions. (Using subscription profiles can make this process quick and easy.) If you have requested a magazine subscriptions, you will need to provide payment information; your credit card will be billed directly by the publisher.
Once you have subscribed, a random disposable email address will be automatically created for each offer and the offers will be added to your list of disposable addresses. You can unsubscribe or change the Address Options from the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering.
How do I change my Mailshell start page?
You can choose to always start, after signing in, in the Spam Filtering Overview or Disposable Email Addresses sections of Spam Filtering or in the Inbox or Folders sections of Check Mail. There are two ways to change this setting:
- From one of the pages listed above, click the "set as my Mailshell start page" link at the bottom of the page.
- Use the menu in Display Options.
How do I change how pages are displayed?
The Display Options page in Options lets you customize the appearance of your Mailshell account by setting various default preferences: where you want to start after signing in, the number of messages displayed per page and how those messages are sorted within a folder, the number of disposable addresses displayed per page and how those addresses are sorted in the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering, how folders are sorted in the Folders section of Check Mail, the screen width for reading messages, and whether links in messages are redirected and framed.
To change any of these settings, click the "Display Options" link in Options and make changes using the appropriate menus and buttons, then click the "Save Settings" button.
How do I point my email domain to an existing website?
The Manage Your Domain Address page in Options lets you redirect the personal domain you use for your disposable addresses to Mailshell's site, your Mailshell account, an existing website, or an IP address, letting you control where someone goes when they enter "http://your-name.com" or "http://www.your-name.com" into a browser.
To change where your domain is pointed, click the "Manage Your Domain Address" link in Options and use the buttons and fields provided to make your selection:
- Mailshell Home points your domain to the Mailshell front door. (This option lets Rewards Members earn credit for referrals by letting people use their personal domain to sign up with Mailshell.)
- My Mailshell account points the domain to your Mailshell start page. If you have "Remember me" checked on the computer you are using, you will be taken directly to your account; otherwise, you will be asked to sign in.
- An existing website at lets you specify the URL of an existing website; when someone enters your domain in a browser, they will be redirected to this site. (This option is available only to Premium users.)
- IP Address lets you specify the IP address of an existing website; when someone enters your domain in a browser, they will be redirected to the site at that IP address, but their browser will still say that they are at your domain. If you choose to specify an IP address, the change can take up to five business days to take effect, a time period that will also apply if you have selected the IP address option, it has taken effect, and you subsequently choose another option. (This option is available only to Premium users with a registered domain. Please note, though, that it is unavailable if you have done an MX update for an existing domain.)
If you have the free trial service, the full feature is available during the 30-day trial period after you first sign up. Once that period has expired, you can upgrade to the Premium Service to continue using it.