How do I edit options for my addresses like the Spam Catcher setting?
From the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering, you can edit an address's information by clicking the "edit" link to the right of its entry. The Address Options include its delivery setting, automatic expiration, Spam Catcher strength, Virus Protection setting, and any personal notes about the address. When you are finished editing, click the "Save Settings" button.
How do I choose the name appearing on outgoing messages?
If you would like a name to appear on outgoing messages you send from a disposable address, you can choose that name in the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering by clicking the "edit" link for that address. Enter the name in the "From Name" field and click the "Save Settings" button.
How do I choose to send from a different address on outgoing messages?
If you would like messages sent from a disposable address to appear as if they came from a different address, you can choose that address in the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering by clicking the "edit" link for that address. Enter the address in the "From Address" field and click the "Save Settings" button.
How can I change where addresses are delivered?
From the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering, there are two ways to change the delivery setting for disposable addresses:
- Click the "edit" link for the address you want to change and use the "Deliver To" menu in Address Options, then click the "Save Settings" button. If you choose to forward messages, you can also deliver
a copy of each message to your Mailshell Inbox.
- Use the checkboxes on the left side to select the addresses you want to change, then make your selection using the menu at the bottom of your address list and click the "Go" button.
You can also change the default delivery setting for new addresses by using the Delivery Settings in Options.
I want to get my messages at different forwarding addresses. How do I do that?
Users with the free trial service can only forward messages to one address at a time; if you wish to use multiple forwarding addresses, you can upgrade to the Premium Service.
If you are a Premium user, you can select different forwarding addresses for each Mailshell address:
- First, add all of the forwarding addresses you wish to use.
- Next, update the delivery settings for whichever addresses or features you want to use those addresses.
What is the Spam Catcher?
Mailshell's advanced spam-filtering technology rates incoming email based on the probability that it is spam, using proprietary spam-filtering technology in addition to standard anti-spam techniques. Each message is checked against known good commercial senders, known black-listed spammers, common spam signatures, users' responses, and other criteria to compute the likelihood that it is spam. The system also relies on a robust, proprietary White List of more than 10,000 known legitimate commercial senders to ensure that legitimate email passes through without compromising overall filtering.
The Spam Catcher lets you choose the level of filtering Mailshell uses on incoming messages; each level offers a different trade-off between the likelihood that spam messages will be caught and the likelihood of also catching non-spam messages. There are five different levels:
- None blocks no spam.
- Lenient blocks only the most easily identified spam. Most incoming email will be delivered normally, but a significant amount of spam may be allowed through.
- Moderate blocks likely spam. This level will let fewer spam messages through, but may catch a few non-spam messages as well.
- Aggressive blocks possible spam. This level will let the least number of spam messages through, but will also catch more non-spam messages.
- Exclusive blocks all messages except those coming from the specific email addresses or domains that you have listed as Address Book contacts or Approved Senders.
If you have a stronger setting, be sure to regularly review messages that have been filtered out. If spam is being saved in your Junk folder, use the "Not Junk" button to indicate which messages should not have been filtered out. Adding addresses to your Address Book or Approved Senders list will prevent them from being caught in the future.
You can edit your general Spam Catcher settings in the Spam Catcher Settings section of Spam Filtering, edit the setting for your @mailshell.com address (if you have one) by clicking the address name in the Spam Filtering Overview section of Spam Filtering, and edit the setting for each disposable email address by clicking the "edit" links in the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering.
What is the Virus Protection feature?
You can edit your general Virus Protection setting in the Spam Catcher Settings section of Spam Filtering, edit the setting for your @mailshell.com address (if you have one) by clicking the address name in the Spam Filtering Overview section of Spam Filtering, and edit the setting for each disposable email address by clicking the "edit" links in the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering. If you are concerned about missing important parts of messages, you can also choose to save a full copy of the message in a Mailshell folder.
If you have the free trial service, this feature is available during the 30-day trial period after you first sign up. Once that period has expired, you can upgrade to the Premium Service to continue using it.
Is there a way to keep track of passwords and other information I might need?
Yes. If you sign up for a lot of online newsletters, services, or other offers using disposable addresses, you may need to keep track of different passwords or other account information. You can do this by using the "Notes" section in Address Options:
- From the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering, click the "edit" link for address you wish to keep notes for.
- Enter whatever information you like into the "Your Notes" field.
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
Can I set an address to automatically expire?
Yes: if you only wish to use a disposable address temporarily, you can set it to automatically expire after a set number of days:
- From the Disposable Email Addresses section of Spam Filtering, click the "edit" link for address you wish to have expire.
- Click the "Automatically delete" checkbox and enter the number of days you want to use the address in the field provided.
- Click the "Save Settings" button.
Once the specified time has elapsed, the address will be automatically deleted and any further messages sent there will bounce back to the sender as undeliverable. (Any messages sent to the address prior to its expiration will not be deleted.)